The invitation for this meeting will be e-mailed to the entire mailing list by the end of January. Respond early as these meetings fill quickly and registration is accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. You are encouraged to RSVP only if you plan to attend and notify the registrar if your plans change and you are unable to attend so that another may attend in your place.
Note to nurses who work at Government facilities like the V.A. Per government rules you will either have to decline the dinner or pay for it yourself.
Come prepared to renew your annual membership $30.00 by check or cash (we are unable to accept credit cards at this time)
NOTE: IF YOU CHOOSE NOT TO JOIN, YOU MAY STILL ATTEND MEETINGS, BUT THERE WILL BE A $5.00 FEE FOR EACH MEETING TO BE PAID IN CASH UPON ARRIVAL
We would like everyone to renew their membership in January 2018, but you can join during any month. Regardless of what month you join, your membership will expire each January. Please bring your check or cash of $30.00 to the next meeting. We have a chapter pen for those who join or renew as a way of thanking you for your membership in our local chapter! We also have a limited number of membership gifts that are given to each paying member, on a first-come, first-served basis so prepare to pay your chapter dues promptly before the gifts run out.
The November meeting of the Houston Chapter of INS was called to order Nov. 16, 2017 by President, Pam Clark and held at Carrabba's. In attendance was President Pam Clark, Treasurer Jo Stewart, Secretary Robin Allcorn, Presidential Advisor Loni Mercer and Membership Chairwoman Dora Astorga-Rodriguez.
Special night tonight. Not only was the meeting hosted by Julie Cook and Shire but we had two of our nation's finest marines in attendance to collect toys for "Toys for Tots". Fine young men doing good work for our country and underpriviledged children. This year the need is even greater due to the devasation caused by Hurrican Harvey and members came through as they always do! The Marines had to put their strength training to use carrying the weight of so many toys. Our thanks go out to them for their service.
Our guest speaker, Susan Cowart, provided an excellent explanation of Cuvitru and its subcutaneous administration techniques. There was a large crowd in attendacne and everyone had a lovely evening learning new therapies with our engaging speaker. What wonderful and gracious sponsors we have been so lucky to benefit from in dinner meetings. If you cross paths with any of our sponsors, please stop a minutes to thank them as well.
Dues $30.00 per year or $5.00 per meeting
- Must be a member of National INS to vote or hold office
- The current Board will be serving in 2018. Dora will be getting ready for the rush of members at the January meeting. Don't worry, she will have help from the rest of us.
- Treasury report: $5907.14. A check was written for $1544.91 today for membership gifts for 2018. Get your dues in early as you don't wasnt to miss the special gift in store for you- Networking was announced. Briova and Intrafusion are offering positions for infusion nurses. Please contact Pam for details.
- The next meeting will be January 25, 2018 to mark "IV NUrse Day". Remember, we all take the month of December off for the holidays and family. Please look to your email for the exact date and location and paln to attend with your membership dues in hand!
- Pam has announced that the gift basket give away will continue in 2018. As the recipient of the "Game Night" basket, I can personnaly let everyone know that it was a hugh hit with my 4 gradsons when they visited. The boys quickly knocked out that basket leaving me the "coolest" Nana ever!
- Thank you card/email was sent to our sponsors.
The meeting was adjourned and everyon was wished a safe and happy holiday season.